Friday, April 29, 2011

                Ned Vizzini is my favorite author of all time. Some of his most popular books include “Be More Chill” and the recently film adapted “It’s Kind of a Funny Story”. His writing style is really appealing to me because he goes into detail about every little thing, but in an unusual way. He mostly writes teenager-related books and he is able to describe things in a ‘one size fits all’ way. He goes on a rant about something and it’s like “woah that’s true….” after every sentence.  His books never cease to keep me interested and every time I pick one up, even if I’ve read it before, I can’t stop reading. Here is an excerpt from his book “It’s kind of a funny story”:  (one of my favorites!)
                "The absolute worst part of being depressed is the food. A person's relationship with food is one of their most important relationships. I don't think your relationship with your parents is that important. Some people never know their parents. I don't think your relationship with your friends are important. But your relationship with air-that's key. You can't break up with air. You're kind of stuck together. Only slightly less crucial is water. And then food. You can't be dropping food to hang with someone else. You need to strike up an agreement with it."

1 comment:

  1. That's funny and surprisingly well -written. I've found that most of my favorite authors have an authentic complexity and literary form yet are readily accessible to a wide readership of non-readers as well as bookworms.

    ReplyDelete